Research & Education
At AgroVet-Strickhof, forward-looking research and education carried out in the domain of livestock. The research covers both fundamental and applied research.
These sites are a requirement for the research into agricultural livestock:
- Lindau and Wülflingen; Valley (circa 500 m above sea level)
- Früebüel; Foothills of the alps (circa 1000 m above sea level)
- Alp Weissenstein; Mountainous area (1900 - 2600 m above sea level)
The possibility to carry out research on agricultural livestock and to study the flora at three different altitudes is a key advantage of AgroVet-Strickhof and is unique worldwide. Together with the Metabolic Centre and the Cattle Centre, this opens up a great potential for the intended research and educate by the ETH Zurich, University of Zurich and Strickhof. Provided that resource efficiency and sustainability are given, both intensive production oriented, and extensive environmentally oriented farming can be developed. The cooperation between the three institutes with varying competences allows AgroVet-Strickhof to develop into a leading competence centre for livestock research. The participation of the plant science units and the ecology and environment units in research and teaching at Agrovet-Strickhof are also part of the strategy.
Our core competences
- Agricultural education, professional development and advisory service
- Education on university level for agricultural sciences und veterinary medicine
- Network for regional, national and international research projects
- Knowledge platform for specific questions