The main site at Lindau is the heart of AgroVet-Strickhof. This cantonal competence centre for education and services in agriculture and animal nutrition at Strickhof (website in German) is located in proximity to the ETH Research Station for Plant Sciences. Between 2015 and 2017 a series of new buildings have been constructed:
- Dairy barn
- Metabolic Centre
- Youngstock barn; from May 2018
- Office and Laboratory Building
- Dry feed storage
The new buildings will gradually become operational throughout 2017 and fall 2018.
Milestones for the Lindau Site
- 1387: First mention of the field name «am Strick» and the house name «Strickhof» of the farmer property at Strickhofstrasse 39, later the Strickhof site at Irchel in Zurich.
- 1818-1829: First agricultural school for the poor at Bläsihof, Winterberg, Lindau municipality.
- 1853: Founding of the agricultural school and setup of operations at Strickhof at todays «Irchel Site in Zurich».
- 1894: Naming of the street «Strickhofstrasse» in Zurich
- 1972: Setup of the ETH Zurich Research Station for Plant Sciences in Lindau Eschikon
- 1976: Acquistion of Strickhof at the new site in Eschikon Lindau
- 1998: Concentration of Zurich's agricultural schools in Lindau
- 2010: Renovation of the greenhouses of the Research Station for Plant Sciences
- 2017: Opening of AgroVet-Strickhof, the cooperation for education and research
The main site Lindau, north of Effretikon